†Welcome to Spring-Ford Virtual Academy
Tuesday, April 18, 2017†at 10 a.m.
Tuesday, April 18, 2017†at 6 p.m.
Wednesday, April 19, 2017†at 2 p.m.
Wednesday, April 19, 2017†at 6 p.m.
Thursday, April 20, 2017†at 10 a.m.
Thursday, April 20, 2017†at 6 p.m.
Spring-Ford Area School District is pleased to offer the Spring-Ford Virtual Academy. The SFVA has been developed in partnership with VLN Partners, and is available to any students who live in SFASD, in grades†4 - 12 for the 16-17 school year,and upcoming 2017-18 school year,†and are currently enrolled in a Cyber Charter or Traditional Charter School. It offers students the opportunity to engage in personalized education, with the added benefit of being eligible to participate in many SFASD extra-curricular activities.
During the†2015-16 school year, SFVA expanded to include cyber school options for students in grades 4, 5 and 6.† In previous years, SFVA was only for students in grades 7 - 12.† We are excited to have expanded our program to include students in grades 4, 5 and 6 who will be accessing the VLN Essential Courses.
Continuing in 2016-17, and the upcoming 2017-18†school year, SFVA students in grades 10, 11†and 12 may opt to attend a half day at the Western Montgomery Career and Technical Center (WMCTC) partnered with the remaining courses taken on-line.†
SFVA will continue to offer the students the Cyber Hybrid model which allows them to take up to two (2) classes at their home school if interested, or the traditional on-line Cyber school program.
Benefits of the Spring-Ford Area School District Virtual Academy include:
- Instruction by State-certified teachers, including Special Education teachers.
- Engaging, high-quality, district-aligned curriculum, integrated with multimedia lessons incorporated into each lesson.
- A personalized education facilitated by a SFASD school counselor.
- Access to the SFASD college and career planning services.
- Eligibility to participate in SFASD extra-curricular activities. For example:
- Arboretum Club
- Art Enrichment
- National Honor Society
- Interact Club
- Health Club
- S.A.D.D. Club
- Future Business Leaders of America
- A full-time public school alternative to charter schools.
- Attend Class Dances, Prom and participate in Graduation activities.
- Earn a Spring-Ford Area School District diploma.
Introduction to Spring-Ford Virtual Academy for student in grades 4 through 12 who already attend a Charter Cyber School